Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Gave it Away....


Some people understand breakups, heartache and even divorce. I’m not sure all fully understand my unique...ish situation.  Some of you know most, but maybe not all. So I am going to share some really personal information that will possibly shed a little light on my crazy emotions.

   You see, I am this shy, and introverted girl. I am a homebody, but do enjoy a night out, just not every night, and not really every weekend.  I am one who has more fingers on my hands than I can say I have real close friends. I am ok with this. I think I am better off with a few I know I can trust any and everything with, rather than have a hundred I wouldn’t give a house key to. 

   When I was 12 ish a boy came into my life, and little did I know I would never be the same. I fell in love.  I didn’t know what that meant then, but we grew together. We went through puberty together, he taught me to drive a stick shift, and well, everything else. At 14 I shared my first kiss with him. At 16 there was other stuff. At 18 we got married. Sure there were a few break ups, but for me, there were no other boyfriends. No other first kisses with anyone else. Well there was a drunken peck with a friend, but that, well ya, I do not count that! Lol!  No anything with anyone else. Oh, and before him, there was a ‘boyfriend’, we held hands, but I was way too scared to kiss him! So, now here I am at 30 something, and have only been kiss kissed by one man, one peck by another and some hand holding.  Yep. 

  Now I am single. Now one day, if I do not want to go through the rest of this life alone, I will need to date. I don’t know how to date! I will have to eventually kiss someone. What if I suck at kissing? And I do not even want to mention the other stuff!    I wonder who would want to date me. I’m short and squishy with a decent chest, and NO butt. I have an awful tan line and a bazillion stretch marks. I still have acne! Not like a crater face or anything, but still when does this stuff go away?!   I have morals, and am not easy. I have been hurt badly and am very insecure. I have a house and a car.   I have a dog and two cats. I have a son.   Who would want this mess? 

  I’m a wreck. It’s the week of our anniversary. 14 years we were almost married. Now what?  I still wonder if he misses me even half as much as I miss him. I wonder if it is him I really miss, or if I miss the companionship. A body next to me at night. The safety he gave me. I was not alone. The noises at night weren’t so noisy. The house wasn’t so empty. But, that’s all he was, a body. He wasn’t here, he left long before he moved out. I was too blind to see it.

   I do not really know if there is a point to any of this, but maybe it will help you understand why. Why I am still hanging on to my insane what if’s. Why I am so afraid. Why I still get mad and cry.  The only words that come to mind are from the movie Sweet Home Alabama, “The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back.”   I don’t know if I will ever get it back, and that scares me.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment