Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mother...Again??

 No, not yet anyway, but it is (has been) in the works for a wile now. Its funny, how easy it was to make the decision to get pregnant with my Anthony, and well, to get pregnant. Now, here I sit 5 years later, and the same decision does not come as easy. Why not? Well, I now have a 5 year old who can make his own chocolate milk, sleeps through the night, and wipes his own butt! He is easy to find a babysitter for, and starting this fall will be in school from 8-3 Monday through Friday!  Why would I want to insert a baby into the picture and stir up some of this comfort we have fallen used to? I, a few years ago had decided I was done, one kid was enough for me! I was working at a job I hated, was going through a tough time with my husband, and Anthony was in the beginning stages of the 'terrible two's" and the last thing I could imagine doing was bring in another person into the mix.  My husband and I worked on us, got back on the right track, I changed jobs, and Anthony turned 4, and life was good. I decided, well, maybe I do want to add another person into the mix, so after much discussion with the husband, we decided to give it a go. So me in my fantasy world thought great, I will get off the pill and be pregnant within two or three months like I did the first time! Nope.. Not so much. Here I am almost 10 months off the pill and no baby yet. I know you hear this story all the time, but I just did not think it would be my story. So I am working with my doctor to try and see what may be causing me to not conceive. Until that happens, or not, I am just enjoying my life and am grateful for my awesome husband, Adam, and my sweet boy,  Anthony,  everyday! Even if I do not get the blessing of having another child, I will feel whole and complete with the small family we are!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment