Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wife...


 Yep, at the ripe young age of 18 I became a wife! It was not a hard transition for me. I was the only girl in a family with two brothers. My mom when I was a young teenager went on the road long haul, and I took care of the household a lot on my own. I was raised to do dishes as soon as I could reach, cooked my first box of macaroni and cheese when I was 8yrs old and have been cooking ever since. I was told, growing up, I would make a great housewife/pastors wife. Well, I got half of it right! I'm too rebellious for a preachin' man! Lol! I wanted just that, the house, the husband the kids, a dog, and a cat. I wanted to be the Leave it to Beaver family, where all problems are solved in a half hour. 
  Well, turns out life is not quite that simple.
  Marriage is not easy. It has its ups and downs and curve balls get thrown. I wish all problems were as easy to fix as they make it look on the Cosby show, or what have you, but its not. It takes work everyday and your biggest problem is not what your husband is sneaking to eat in the kitchen. But thats the key, you have to make an effort to make things good everyday....

No comments:

Post a Comment