Monday, September 1, 2014

A Time to Wait

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Waiting, something I know plenty about, and a word that has been lingering for a few days and hit me like a soft brick this morning.  I got up early, mostly because I was panicked about my new hair color, and looked in the mirror and liked it about ten times more than when I went to bed, Thank God!  But I couldn't fall back to sleep so I turned on K Love and the D.J.'s were talking about times of waiting.  Then I went to the bathroom for the morning routine, shower, makeup, hair, and this song came on;

http://youtu.be/cH9LhNrXhFo


Then I got on Facebook and the first thing was a blog about Waiting on God's timing. Yep, soft brick!  I've been praying for His timing for certain things in my life, and have felt He has finally starting putting some things into place. I have a couple things coming up this month that I am praying will open some doors for me. I think my time of waiting is coming to an end. And the doors that are opening may not all be things I would have seen myself doing, ever. But not all change is bad, and new experiences are not necessarily bad ones. I am praying with these new things that God will give me an open heart and mind and I will not be so hesitant to let people in! Gods plans for me I know are bigger than mine, and I am diving in whole heartedly, and fully expecting amazing things for the end of this year!

That’s right 2014! You have not won yet! You have been quite the jerk, but it’s not over! And you will not go down as the worst year ever! I won’t let you!! I’m taking my life by the horns and anything/one that gets in God and my way better watch out!! J

1 comment: